The cross is offensive because it directly confronts the evil that dominates so much of this world.
We believe that the Mass, celebrated by the priest representing the person of Christ by virtue of the power received through the Sacrament of Orders, and offered by him in the name of Christ and the members of His Mystical Body, is the sacrifice of Calvary rendered sacramentally present on our altars. We believe that as the bread and wine consecrated by the Lord at the Last Supper were changed into His body and His blood which were to be offered for us on the cross, likewise the bread and wine consecrated by the priest are changed into the body and blood of Christ enthroned gloriously in heaven, and we believe that the mysterious presence of the Lord, under what continues to appear to our senses as before, is a true, real and substantial presence.
Soca, the most beautiful river in Slovenia, captured on a cold winter morning after a fresh snowfall photo by Luka Esenko
i know it will be freezing but i still want to swim in it??
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed
If you want to see the highest form of commitment, look to the Cross, and see Jesus Christ. He is the most committed husband and friend that the universe has ever seen, and will ever do so. He could have given up and backed out from what His Father wanted Him to do, but He did not. He could have…
The Hourly Events of the Passion
- 7pm: Jesus washes the feet of the Apostles.
- 8pm: Last Supper and institution of the Holy Eucharist.
- 9pm: Jesus preaches his last discourse of love and makes His prayer for the union of His disciples
- 10pm: Prayer in Gethsemani. The Agony.
- 11pm: Jesus is arrested and brought to Jesusalem.
- 12am: Before Annas and Caiphas. First trial before the Sanhedrin.
- 1am: The denial of Peter. Jesus is imprisoned until morning.
- 5am: Jesus is struck and insulted in prison
- 6am: Jesus placed before false witnesses; affirms His Divinity. He is condemned as a blasphemer - worthy of death.
- 7am: Jesus in the Pretorium. He declares to Pontius Pilate that He is a King.
- 8am: Jesus in the palace of Herod. He is treated like a fool and is despised.
- 9am: Barabbas is preferred over Jesus. The scourging.
- 10am: Jesus is crowned with thorns and is condemned to death.
- 11am: Jesus carries His Cross to Calvary.
- 12pm: Jesus is stripped of His garments and nailed to the Cross which is raised and set in place.
- 1pm: Jesus forgives His enemies and opens the Gates of Paradise to the Good Thief.
- 2pm: Jesus leaves His Mother to be our Mother.
- 3pm: Jesus dies on the Cross.
- 4pm: The Heart of Jesus is pierced by a spear.
- 5pm: Jesus is put in the arms of His Mother, and is buried.
- 6pm: The desolation and solitude of the Mother of God.